Need more volunteers?… Meet your new best friend… the PCP.
The Democratic Party of Multnomah County offers several tools and supports for Democratic candidates running for office.
And the third thing is the PCP.
As a candidate, you are limited by time.
You want and need enthusiastic volunteers—especially ones who have experience campaigning—because no one can do it alone.
The Democratic Party of Multnomah County Supports Your Candidacy Let me introduce you to your new best friend – the Precinct Committee Person (PCP).
A Precinct Committee Person is an elected or appointed grassroots person of the Democratic Party. They represent specific districts/precincts and they are the foundation of our political process and success.
Here is what’s important for you to know as a candidate:
- PCPs spend time speaking with and listening to their neighbors.
- PCPs help to get out the vote for Democratic Candidates like YOU!
- PCPs door knock for you and can help get the word out about how you plan to serve your constituents and why they should vote for you!
- PCPs meet at the Central Committee Meeting once per month.
- PCPs are the Party’s MOST valuable resource and represent all 113 Precincts and 18 House Districts in our county. Your race covers some those precincts! It is where your constituents are!
So How do you meet these enthusiastic volunteers?
You are invited to introduce yourself to our super-powered volunteers.
The next Central Committee Meeting is coming up and we have a time slot dedicated to you and other Democratic candidates running for office.
When: April 11, 2019, & May 9, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm
Where: Hollywood Senior Center 1820 NE 40th Avenue, Portland 97212 (MAP)
What: Candidates will be recognized during the formal meeting. Give a 1-2 minute introduction and pitch to recruit PCPs as volunteers for your campaign.
The formal meeting starts at 7:00 pm but plan to arrive as early as 6:30 pm. PCPs arrive early for informal networking. It’s a great time to meet PCPs individually.